Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Harper is here!


Harper's Birth Story:
On Tuesday night I started having a few light contractions. They stopped after a few hours so I didn't think anything about it. I went back to sleep and woke up the next morning and went to school as usual. I guess I looked really tired because my co-teacher said I needed to go to the doctor and get checked. After much convincing I decided to call and see if they could see me now instead of the next day for my 38 week appointment. Since the next day was Cam's birthday, I thought it would work out better anyway.
When I got to the doctor at 10:45, I told them I was not crying wolf. I knew I was not in labor, just wanted to get my appointment over with. Well, I was wrong! I was 4 centimeters dilated and in active labor. What??? I didn't even have a bag packed. I wanted to go home and get settled but my midwife told me I needed to go straight over to the hospital instead. No time to pack!
I called Matt and he freaked out a little. He thought I was joking:). I called my sister and she went to our house to pack me up. We called the grandparents to come get Cam. Then I called my mom. After all the calls were made I headed to the hospital. Matt got there in record time, they gave me an epidural, and checked me again. It was now close to 1:00. I was 6 centimeters dilated. It was going way too fast! I didn't feel like I was ready for her to leave my body.
Apparently she didn't take my feelings into account because she was ready to come. At 3:30 I was ready to push. I pushed 3 times and Harper Ellen Stell came into this world at 3:55 sunny side up and crying:). She was 7 pounds, 4 ounces and 20 and 3/4 inches long. SHE WAS BEAUTIFUl!

I was truly blessed to have such an easy labor and delivery.

Still in Shock:)

It's Time


Ready or Not... Here I Come!

So Small!

All Cleaned Up

Daddy's in Love!

Aunt Nickole's Turn

Nana Getting Her Hands on the Sweet Girl

No comments: