Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cam's "Independence" Day!

The Fourth of July was filled with all the usual: food, fun, family, and fireworks. Unfortunately, Cam also thought it was a good time to practice his own independence. We went to a park in Duluth that had live music, games, food, and fireworks. I was putting glow bracelets on all the boys (my nephews and Cam) about 15 minutes before dark. They were all gathered around me. When it was Cam's turn, he wasn't there any more. Matt was walking Harper around the park. I thought perhaps he went looking for his daddy. When I found Matt, no Cam! Needless to say, I freaked out! My sister, brother-in-law, Matt, and I starting looking everywhere. Could not find him anywhere! Needless to say, the park was so crowded and it was getting darker by the minute. About 20 minutes after his disappearance ( the longest 20 minutes of my life) and with little help from the employees of the event (don't get me started!), I found him at a concession stand on the other side of the park. I thought he would be upset, but not at all. He just looked at me and said, "Hey mom, look at this!" He wasn't the least bit concerned that he was alone and it was getting dark. Yikes!!! It was pretty hard to enjoy the fireworks when you are still on the verge of tears and your heart won't stop pounding, but Cam and Harper seemed to have a great time.
Perhaps next year we will stay at home and watch them on T.V. It seems a safer that way:)

Here are a few pictures we took before Cam's great escape. Taking pictures was the furthest thing from my mind after we found him.

So Big!

Throwing the ball with Tucker

Showing off our new stroller. Love it!!

Napping girl. Harper loved the fireworks. She just watched an smiled. Love her!

Will probably never let my little explorer go again!

No comments: